Golden Residence Permit Programme
Portuguese law offers foreign investors who have entered the country regularly (holders of valid Schengen Visas, or beneficiaries of Visa exemption), the possibility of applying for a residence permit for pursuing investment activities by transferring capital, creating jobs or acquiring real estate.
Who can apply?
Nationals of third countries engaged in an investment activity, either personally or through a company, that would lead the implementation of at least one of the following situations in the country, for a minimum period of five years:
1) Transfer of capital in the amount of not less than EUR 1 million;
2) Creation of at least 10 jobs;
3) Acquisition of property with a value equal to or greater than 500 000 euros
Documents necessary to apply for the Visa:
• Passport or other valid travel document;
• Proof of entry and legal stay in the country;
• Proof of health insurance;
• Request for consultation of the Portuguese Criminal Registry by SEF;
• Criminal certificate from the country of origin or the country where has lived for more than one year;
• Proof of contributory situation regularized by submitting negative statement updated debt issued by the Tax Authority and Customs and the Social Security.
This visa allows any investor to freely circulate and work in Europe (Shengen), without any restrictions.